Saturday 26 November 2011

And off to London i go..

So i arrived back in London last night, to see my family and friends for a few days, Birthdays to celebrate and lots of eating and cooking to be done! I can't describe how nice it is to be surrounded by those familiar old comforts, to be back in my old room, be pampered and enjoy mum's cooking, it's such a warm feeling, especially now with the Christmas lights up, London looks so beautifully lit up and festive. After a slightly stressful few days, ( my laptop breaking down on me, my plane ticket being delayed and a few other problems i won't bore you with the details of) this is a welcome break and a chance to just enjoy some quality time with the people i love. That doesn't mean i'm not missing Marrakech, i always feel sad leaving even if it's just for a few days, but i think that happens to us all at some point, that feeling of being so connected to two different places that are a huge part of you.

Hopefully i'll be showing off the new dishes i have learned to cook in Marrakech, if my days go according to plan, which they very rarely do, and making some old favourites like cakes and crumbles and pies that i haven't had the advantage to bake in Marrakech, oh and a nice cup of tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment