Sunday 2 October 2011

Salad plates



Since arriving in Morocco i have come to love the wonderful variations of salad plates, it is slowly becoming my favorite part of the meal ( something which i never thought i would say!) but i have grown to appreciate the preparation and assembly of  a good salad.

Back home in London i very rarely ever ate salad with my main meal, if i did it would be a little cucumber, onion and tomato. Salads weren't really a big part of the meal in my family home only occasionally a big potato salad on a barbecue night, and i never missed it, even shop bought salad held little interest for me apart from a Marks & Spencer roasted vegetable and cous cous salad enjoyed occasionally on summer days.

So one day when i wasn't feeling too great i came home and made my self comfortable on the sofa, not moving from my place for the next few hours.In the mean time my Sous Chef  ( that's what i like to call him, although i'm sure he would prefer the title of head chef  instead but seeing as i spend more time in the kitchen that title is still reserved for me) Sous chef got busy preparing dinner, Salad and some delicious marinated sole pan fried with spices. However the salad really stole the show, it was lovely and light but nutritious and filled with protein and a good combination of flavours. Salad plays a big part here and present in almost all family homes at meal times along with other little side dishes which i hope to have up here soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment