Wednesday 6 July 2011

"I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate." -- Julia Child, celebrity chef and cookbook author

Julia Child (1912-2004)
 Julia Child  the American chef and author is most famous for introducing America to the art of French cooking with her debut cook book 'Mastering the art of French cooking' with Simone Beck. While living in Paris she was introduced to fine French cuisine and attended the famous Le Corden Bleu cooking school, and later joined a cooking club where she met Simone Beck.

I don't really know much about French cuisine and i can't recall going to many French restaurants either, although i do know a few dessert recipes, floating islands being my favorite. Ever since i watched the movie 'Julie & Julia'  I've become slightly obsessed with the culinary delights France has to offer. I'm on the look out for Julia's 'Mastering the art of French cooking' and recently purchased Mireille Guiliano's 'French women don't get fat' which i have to say is a great read, filled with simple recipe ideas and helpful tips, it's not so much a diet book but more of a lifestyle book that preaches chocolate, bread and wine are not the enemy ( when consumed in moderation of course!). It's more about celebrating life and good food and learning how to do just that. I'll certainly be looking up some French dessert recipe's and ideas that i can start using.



2 comments:

  1. I have spent a lot of the time in different blogs but this is really a unique blog for me.
    click over here now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your articles and contents are encouraging.
    hero tameer

    ReplyDelete